It's been called "Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony." [Quote: Pantone] Taking a cue from the glimmering, magical city of Oz, emerald is being heralded by Pantone as the Color of the Year 2013.
With it's rich vibrance, emerald is a brilliant shade of green that echoes the first awakenings of spring. Now that we're moving out of the darkness of winter into the bright sunshine-filled days of spring, it's a great time to perk up your wardrobe by injecting it with fun, playful colors and whimsical patterns.
Just because you want to wear the latest fashion trends and styles, doesn't mean you need to spend a fortune. This edition of High-End vs. Affordable Fashion features cool emerald green leather jackets, see-through PVC handbags, and floral print wedges.
2. V73 PVC Bag ($282): This neon yellow see-through PVC tote bag makes toting around all your belonging both fun and practical. Transparent carryalls are the choice of fashion editors everywhere and this version by V73 combines the features of a high-fashion accessory with a chic playful tone.
3. Kate Spade Dabney Floral Wedge Sandal ($258): Nothing says spring time like bright, bold flowers. Wear these whimsical wedges with everything from jeans to skirts, and the flourish of floral will finish any look with the carefree sensibility of spring.
4. Bernardo Leather Moto Jacket ($200): Eye-popping color revitalizes this leather jacket with vintage moto styling, including an asymmetrical-zip front and channel-quilted cuffs.
5. Furla Candy Bag ($228): Made of irresistibly colorful PVC, this on-trend, see-through handbag offers both functionality and playfulness.
6. Iron Fist Reina Muerta Wedge ($75): This tropical sandal features an orange fabric upper printed with large floral bursts. An adjustable wrapping ankle strap, and pretty bow at the vamp only add to this bright style.